This course introduces students to Adobe After Effects and the basic skill sets needed to create contemporary motions graphics such as film title sequences, music video animation, and television bumpers. A tool-based studio component is complemented by theoretical explorations in order to provide opportunity to explore practical and experimental applications of motion graphics.
- Proficiency with Adobe After Effects
- Development and refinement of a creative process
- Understanding of visual storytelling
- Ability to prepare professional-level files (proper aspect ratios and frame rates)
- Ability to analyze and critique work, even when that work is your own Knowledge of the contemporary motion design scene (who’s making what)